In order to display a Twitter timeline widget on your profile, we need two pieces of information. One is your Twitter username, the second is a widget ID.
Finding your Twitter widget ID is relatively straight forward.
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Find the settings icon at the top, and press “Settings” from the drop down.
- Click the “Widgets” section on the left hand side.
- Click “Create new”.
- Enter “460” as the height, “be1e2d” as the colour, then click “Create widget” at the bottom”.
- The URL at the top changes, to become something like this: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/edit?focus_textarea=1¬ice=WIDGET_CREATED – the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in this instance replaces a series of numbers.
- The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (series of numbers) in the URL is the widget ID. Copy and paste only this into your profile to show the timeline widget.
If you’re having some problems, just contact me for assistance.